WEST HARTFORD, Conn., December 20, 2021 (Newswire.com) - The membership of ESOPmarketplace.com wishes to congratulate ESOP professional Sandy Shoemaker on her retirement from EKS&H/Plante Moran, Denver's largest CPA firm, to launch her own consulting firm, Shoemaker Consulting.
Jack Veale, founder of ESOPMarketplace.com, recently expressed the congratulations of all of the ESOPMarketplace.com participants when he said, "We're grateful for what Ms. Shoemaker has contributed to the ESOP community over the years. We look forward to all that she will accomplish in her new endeavor, and we wish her well."
Sandy Shoemaker, retired partner in the audit service area of EKS&H/Plante Moran, has over 30 years of experience in public accounting. In her work for both public and private companies, she has experience in:
- Business transition planning strategies
- Education for executives on ESOP opportunities
- Feasibility studies
- Structuring of Initial ESOP transactions
- Support to bank financing through financial modeling
- Advice on the proper use of ESOPs
- Consultation on various accounting issues and audits of ESOPs
- Financial reporting by leveraged ESOP companies under GAAP
As the leader of EKS&H's ESOP group, Sandy has worked with employee-owned companies from diverse fields, including breweries, medical device, restaurants, manufacturing, and real estate. She also has extensive experience in audits of various employee benefit plans.
Recipient of the AICPA - Women to Watch- Experienced Leaders Award, Sandy has also been quoted in Bloomberg article, "ESOPs and Hops: Craft Breweries Turn to Employee Ownership."
In her new ESOP consulting Firm, Sandy Shoemaker will be offering the following services:
- Serving on the Board of Directors for ESOP Companies
- Consulting with companies considering ESOP strategies, including quarterback for the transactions
- Consulting with companies through their first year as an ESOP company
- Various financial projects related to financial issues for ESOP, including reporting, audit preparation and projections
Ms. Shoemaker is a regular speaker at the ESOP Association national conferences and for the California-Western States Chapter and the National Center for Employee Ownership development seminars. A former president of DFK International USA, she currently serves on the finance committee of the ESOP Association and the steering committee of the California -Western States ESOP chapter.
She is also a member of the National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO), the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), and the Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA).
Contact Sandy Shomaker:
ESOPMarketplace.com is the premier online location to find the most competent and experienced ESOP Lawyers, Advisors, and Consultants in North America. These ESOP professionals work carefully with the parties involved in an ESOP to achieve the most favorable outcomes in the implementation and running of an ESOP.
To learn more about ESOPMarketplace.com go to www.esopmarketplace.com
48 Walkley Road, West Hartford, CT 06119-1345